Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I hear the wedding bells ringing;


But it's not for me. So a lot of my friends or people I know have either gotten engaged, married or pregnant. I am not sure how I feel about it when I am forced to think realistically; because realistically: they're too young, it's too soon, what about school?, how will they support one another?, ect. But thinking from a woman's dreaming perspective: I am VERY jealous. Ever since I was little I have always dreamed about getting married and having a child with the man I loved. But as I grow older, I feel as though that dream is getting much more difficult to achieve. Everyone is so self prioritized at the moment, trying to make it through school and succeed. No one is thinking about settling down and getting married. But I am. It's all I want. But I know how important my education is, so I'll keep going to school. I won't fantasize until I meet the right person and they are in the right position to marry me. But sometimes I stop and think to myself: why am I rushing? Why can't I wait for JD to get older and we build that foundation with one another in order to get married? It's just so upsetting when others are already at that stage, when I can only see myself there with JD in 5-10 years. It's a little nerve wrecking.

No comments:

Post a Comment